The Gilded Autumn Suite is beautiful! It is one of my favorites because it reminds me of many things I love about Autumn. Right now I can hear colorful leaves falling outside my open window, can smell a pumpkin cinnamon candle, can taste my wonderful apple cider and I’m cozy in an oversized sweatshirt. I enjoyed making the cards below and now I’m enjoying sharing them with you. There is a Tutorial and a Supply List below to help you easily find the things you don’t already have.
- Cut a 5 1/2″ by 8 1/2″ piece of very vanilla and score at 4 1/4. Fold in half to make your card base.
- Use the leaf grouping stamp to create background on front of card. Ink with Mint Macaron and stamp off on scrap paper before stamping on card. This makes a lighter look.
- Cut a 1″ by 5 1/2″ strip of DSP and adhere to the far left on front of card. Be sure to get this straight as you will use it to place the next two strips.
- Cut a 1/4″ by 5 1/2″ strip of a coordinating DSP and adhere next to the first strip placed on front of card as shown.
- Cut a 1/8″ strip of brushed copper cardstock and adhere next to the second strip as shown in the picture.
- Using your circles dies cut a scalloped circle out of the brushed copper cardstock and cut a regular circle out of vary vanilla cardstock.
- Stamp your sentiment with Espresso Ink toward the top of the very vanilla circle.
- On scrap paper stamp the outlines of the leaves with mint macaron and cajun craze. Ink the filler stamps and ink off before stamping the inside of the leaves as shown.
- On scrap paper stamp the acorns with crumb cake. Ink the acorn top stamp with early espresso and stamp off before stamping the top.
- Hand cut or use punches to cut out the leaves and acorns.
- Punch or hand cut leaves and acorns from brushed copper cardstock. Hint: if you don’t have puches, simply stamp on the back of the brushed cardstock and hand cut. That will also work beauifully.
- Adhere the stamped sentiment to the scallop circle , but do not place adhesive close to the tope of the circle. Using dimensionals adhere the scalloped circle tp the card.
- Place the leaves where you want them and adhere to card using dimensionals only when needed.
- Make a small bow with copper ribbon and attach under sentiment.
Alternate idea: My friend, Judie, said that instead of a bow you could put a few leaves at the bottom as if they were falling from the top. That would be so pretty.