I love a cutsey, light-hearted card and Snailed It is a stamp set that makes me smile. It’s easy to color and has fun sentiments. I made simple Hello Cards to send my friends for Valentine’s Day. Wouldn’t googly eyes be great? I didn’t have any or would have added them.
Basic White Cardstock:
* 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″
* Circle that measures somewhere between 2″ and 2 1/4″. Anything close will work.
Real Red Cardstock: (or color of your choice)
* Scalloped or Regular Circle that is 1/4″ bigger than the Basic White Circle
*1/8″ x 4 1/4″
Designer Series Paper:
(Use whatever you have on hand. I used the DSP that coordinates with the Snailed It Stamp Set.)
* One DSP that is 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
*A different, coordinating DSP that is 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
*Option #1: 1/8″ Ribbon cut to 7″
*Option “2: Black Cardstock that is cut to 1″ x 4 1/4″ strip and cut a flag shape on one end only.
Googly Eyes – if you have them
*Tools to color the Stamp (I used Stampin’ Blends in Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Real Red)
*Black Ink that works with your coloring tools
Basic White Envelope
The adhesive of your choice (I cut small glue dots in half to adhere the ribbon)
- Adhere the 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ DSP to the bottom of the Card Base.
- Adhere the 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ DSP strip across the top of the DSP in Step #1.
- Adhere the 1/8″ x 4 1/4″ Real Red strip to the top of the 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ DSP strip from step #2.
- Stamp a short sentiment above the real red strip on the top left hand of the card.
- Stamp an image that fits on the Basic White Circle and color it to match your Designer Series Paper.
- Adhere the stamped image circle to the Real Red circle.
- If using a ribbon, punch a small hole to to top of the circle and thread the ribbon through. Adere the circle to the card and use glue dots to attch the ribbon toward the top.
- If using the strip of black cardstock, adhere it to the front of the card with room to center the circle on it without going off the edge of the card. Adhere the circle to the card on top of the black cardstock strip.
- Decorate envelope
- Send your sunshine card to brighten someone’s day.